Right so, what in the world IS a mom prom? Do you remember school dances like homecoming and senior prom? Even if you never went, you probably have some idea of what they were about. Before the dance, it was about finding the right dress and the right date – or deciding to go with friends. Night of the prom, you entered the smelly, decorated gymnasium through a ridiculous balloon arch, grabbed some punch, and spent the evening dancing under the watchful eyes of parent and teacher chaperons.
Central Florida Mom Prom is sort of like that – minus the drama of dates, chaperons and stinky gym! Central Florida Mom Prom is a ladies (not just moms!) night out done in the style of a school dance to raise money for a charity – International Cesarean Awareness Network (ICAN). Mom Proms began in 2006 in Canton, Michigan and now over 50 Mom Proms are held throughout 30 states. This is a night to let loose and have fun with your lady friends. No toddler tantrums. No bickering kids. No drama. Wear your old prom, bridesmaid, wedding dress, or use this as an opportunity to shop for something fabulous. Get gussied up and join us at the Holiday Inn – University in Orlando on April 23rd. Below are some things to look forward to at Central Florida Mom Prom:
- Mr P’s DJ service will be spinning your favorite music, so you can boogie all night with your friends.
- Event photographer, Erin Monroe, will be capturing the action throughout the event.
- An extra-large photo booth with plenty of goofy props for even more silliness will be stationed inside
- Delicious hors d’oeuvres and a cash bar will be available to fuel your awesome dance moves.
- While you’re taking breaks from rocking out; take part in the raffles and silent auctions.
- Before the night is over we will crown our third Prom Queen complete with tiara, flowers, and special prizes.
- If you are nursing a newbie, enjoy the chill lounge where you can nurse your little one in peace and quiet and still enjoy the company of friends.
- Finally, the first 175 ladies take home a loaded down swag bag and a special gift from Central Florida Mom Prom!
The *best* part is that tickets are only $50! That’s an amazing steal for a night filled with so much entertainment. Central Florida Mom Prom tickets are going fast and we anticipate selling out, just like it has the last two years! Don’t wait, purchase your ticket!